Monday, May 8, 2017

Hasta Domingo







Hiya Fam,
Just a few things! Happy Birthday Nash!! Holy cow, how is he three already? haha I seriously can't believe it! bless him! also, congratulations to Melissa on getting married!! AAAA!!! So exciting!! Congrats to Ethan for entering the mission field! and Congrats to Chad for being called to the blessed land of Detroit!! YOU WILL LOVE IT!!! aw man! Too crazy!!! I love all this crazy good news, it is blowing my mind!
In news from me here in the Isle of Man, not loads has changed. We are still moving forward and upward, working hard, and IT WAS SO SUNNY AND BEAUTIFUL ALL WEEK!!! #blessings 
One incredible experience was when we got to meet again with our young friend, Sam. We asked him what his expectations were in meeting with us. He said, "you know, I'm not too sure. i feel that i want to really learn more about God, and this will give me more knowledge and guidance in my life. But you know, it was like 2 days before I met you both on the street, i had been thinking to myself, 'is it all real?' and it really feels like this is the answer that i hadn't expected at all."!!!!! We were trying to keep our composure, but were freaking out! Aw man, Sam is so prepared! haha we are excited to keep working with him! 
There was a surprise birthday party for one of the members of the ward that was held at the fun barn this week (only the most happy and exciting places on the island, and also just happens to be the bishop's business, hollahhh!). We got to go, and it was such a fun event! There were so many people there, members and non members, and even some inactives! We were like, WOWOWOW!! This is the jackpot! haha we were so busy talking to eveyone, it was SO fun! Aw i love it! It really gave us a glimpse of where this ward can be, its potential. We both want to make a difference, and i have really felt that it will come through relying wholly upon the Lord, following the spirit, and working with the members. So that is what we have been doing! So far, so good!
I feel I have learned a lot this week. In particular, about repentance and desire. I have wondered if my nature has changed. (I know, selfish thoughts, sorry, but it turns outwards, i promise!) Especially if it had changed for the better. For this is what repentance truly is: changing our nature. I realised that the changes have been dramatic, but have happened over time. I have gone from a place where I had confidence in myself and my own abilities, to confidence in Christ. Confidence that He can make me more than I can of myself. Confidence that through His atonement I can do all things. This is also humility. Humbly accepting that I am weak, and that I must place my will in His hands. Even just a desire to change and repent can cause miracles to take place. I have such strong desire, and have changed from a selfish perspective and self centered desires, to selflessness and desires based on other's eternal progressoin. I have come to realise the joy that comes through repentance, and have desired to help others feel the same. Ah I wish so much that everyone could experience it!! I love my Saviour, Jesus Christ, who is truly also my Redeemer. I know that He not only paid the price for all of my sins, and weaknesses, but He provides the way for me to learn from them, to become SO much more. I love His gospel, and feel so grateful for it as I strive to apply it. I am weak, and so imperfect, but that is ok. This is the reason why He came to this earth. It is because we all are. I can find joy in this every day of my life. As can all these beautiful people around me! Including you all!! Helaman 5:12 has been going through my mind a lot this week. read it, and continue to build your foundation on Christ!
I love you all!!
Sister Carter


Helaman 5:12 And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment