Monday, January 23, 2017

It's like deja vu all over again







Fam!
It literally feels like yesterday that I was thinking, oh wow, it's Dad's Birthday this week.... WHATTT!!??? Why is time going so fast?! haha Happy Birthday Dad :D You are the best!
Thank you so much for all your prayers and support for our goal of the 28th. As it looks for right now, we probably won't have anyone for that day, but I have a strong testimony that the Lord works in mysterious ways. This goal has helped Sister Popa and I to work harder than ever for these past few weeks. We have had such purpose and drive, and it is exactly what we both need right now. Baptism or no, I know that Heavenly Father is blessing us so incredibly much. I fully trust Him, His will, and His timing.
This week has been great though. We had some funny moments, some inspiring moments, and frustrating moments. I love my mission so much because it is always changing. Always exciting. Some things don't really change, but it the chaos among the calm that I am so grateful for.
one funny thing that happened was on Tuesday. we had our district meeting, and so Sis P and i traveled up to blackburn ( a 2.5 hour journey by bus) and as we walk up to the church, there are no lights on... hmmm... maybe they are late? We call the District Leader to find out where everyone is. " oh sisters, so sorry we totally spaced. District meeting is at Chorley today......" DAH!! haha oh wow, so we were able to get someone who came with the Zone Leaders to come pick us up. And it all worked out. 
While we were heading to our street display on Saturday, a woman walked out of a shop right next to us. We kinda all were looking at each other, and I thought maybe she was a member (she looked like she could have been one, ya know what I mean), and she definitely recognised us. She goes, " hey! I recognise you two!" before we could even say anything! and then it clicks- we met her like my first week here, we had knocked on her door! She had scheduled an appointment with us, but her baby had gotten sick, and we hadn't been able to reschedule with her. She was so sweek and we chatted with her for a while. She told us to come by her home this week! It was so sweet to run into her, and I know that it wasn't a coincidence :)
We had interviews with President this week, and it was my favourite one so far. I had really prepared before hand with questions in mind, and as I asked them, i was able to get answers and inspired counsel from him and also from the spirit. I know that God truly qualifies those whom he calls. I can see it in President, in myself, and in so many others. He trusts us so much, and allows us to learn and grow through experience. He molds and shapes us. He gives us stewardships and responsibilities so that we can be humbled and refined. Most of all, I know that Heavenly Father and our Saviour Jesus Christ and the Holy Ghost each love me, and you perfectly. The know each of us by name, and they want us to be happy. Ether 12:4 says :"Wherefore, whoso believeth in God might with surety hope for a better world, yea, even a place at the right hand of God, which hope cometh of faith, maketh an anchor to the souls of men, which would make them sure and steadfast, always abounding in good works, being led to glorify God." As we feel His love for us, and strive to show our love for Him, we can have that sure anchor in our lives. We can have that Hope and we can be happy. If we believe in God and trust Him, and show that through doing what is right, all will work together for our good. I know He is real. I know He lives. I testify in the name of Jesus Christ, amen.
I love you all! by for now :)
Love,
Sister Carter

No comments:

Post a Comment