Sunday, September 4, 2016

Email #33 All is well

Thank you so much for your lovely emails. I am so grateful for the temple. I got to go this morning, and it made getting this news a whole lot easier for me. I hope that the family is doing well. Please give Grandma an extra hug for me. I know that now I have another angel to watch over me. To watch over us all. And what comfort and peace comes from those special and eternal covenants made in the temple. It will be a glorious day when we see Grandpa Austin again. What an amazing example he has set to us all.

Not very much has happened this week, in answer to your question Dad, yes, as an STL we get to go to Mission leadership council with all of the zone leaders, but unlike zone leaders, we have stewardship over all of the sisters in the zone, alone... only one stl per zone! But it's really fun times. And in Manchester especially- we have the most sisters, which means exchanges every week! What what!! haha This week I got to go to stockport, which I love! With sweet Sister Larson. Sis. Walker, ya did well- she is doing amazing! And we found like 7 new investigators for them- a miracle that ive never seen before! Her faith is so incredible! I love this calling though, i just get to turn outwards all of the time, and there is so much comfort in that!
We are kinda pushing to the finish of summer right now. It's so quiet around here, the students are either not here or super busy writing dissertations. But it's just the quiet before the storm. In like 2 weeks fresher's week begins... Basically everyone comes back! and it's going to be madness! I'm very excited.
We had an amazing experience with one of my favorite members, Ruth. She is seriously the bees knees, i love her! We had a lesson with her on Wednesday where we taught her about faith. We asked her to bare her testimony about faith, and as she did, the spirit was so strong. We asked her who she knew that could benefit from hearing that testimony. Immediately she said her friend Ruby! It was crazy because she told us how whenever missionaries have asked for referrals before, Ruby's name will usually come to mind, but this time she hadn't been thinking about it at all, but the spirit just told her Ruby! So come Thursday after institute, I was chatting with her and she goes,"oh my goodness! I talked to ruby! and she is coming to church next sunday when she gets back from scottland!!" It was such an amazing moment, and I am so proud of her. She is the BEST! and I can't wait to meet Ruby! This work is so true. 
I know that life can kinda stink sometimes, and all, but I know that Heavenly Father is SO aware of us every single day every single minute. I was so inspired and received so much peace and answers while at the temple today. Not only that, but right before I went into the session, I bumped into my good friend Emma Pierce, from Wrexham! it was so sweet to see her again, and we hugged and chatted for a bit. Love her! and then as we got in the car to head back, this car pulls up next to us. I recognize someone getting out from Chester ward, and then all of a sudden someone goes, I KNOW YOU! and there is Nic Fisher- and she gives me a big old hug! I could not help but cry tears of immense joy, She was such a comfort to me in wrexham, and it was a witness to me of just how aware God truly is of me. She just hugged me and told me how things are back there, gave me her email and told me to let her know whenever I need anything. I am just so grateful for every miracle! there are too many to even count, but they are so real. 
I love you family. I know that we can be together forever. I know that there is reasoning behind the timing of things in our lives. You are where you are meant to be right now. I know that we will all see Grandpa Austin again one day, along with all of our loving family. You are all in my prayers every day. 
Love you all
Sister Carter
ps someone left these bouquets behind, we didn't steal them

No comments:

Post a Comment