Monday, August 8, 2016

Week # 29 Round 2

Wow, another week down? This transfer has seriously gone soooo fast!! I can't even believe it's almost over... freaks me out!! 
Thank you all for your great emails- I always feel so uplifted from hearing all your news, testimonies, and encouragement. LOVE YOU ALL!!
So basically life is so good! Anna was baptised on Saturday- YAYY!!!! It was such a special service. I have never felt the spirit so strong in my life. Us missionaries got to sing "A Child's Prayer" in chinese as the musical number. Sweet Anna was crying before she even got into the font. She is a such a special spirit. I have no doubt that I was sent here for her. I could just feel God's love for her, and what a powerful thing that is. She bore her testimony, and I don't think there was anyone there who was not in tears. Her humble faithfulness can be felt- almost tangible. She will be a powerful member :) In fact she is already preparing to go to the temple this month!! I am so grateful for her. Also, her jumpsuit was the smallest one that we had and it was still too big!! She is so cute and small!! haha
We had another baptism in the district on Thursday, for Yi Fan,(first baptism for another companionship I've been to!) and he and anna have gotten to be friends the past week. She got him flowers on his baptism , and he returned the favor for hers :)) So sweet!! The work here is booming!
Last night was the missionary fireside, and it was fantastic! Several recent converts spoke, and they were from all over the world, all taught and baptised here- Bangladesh, Congo, China (Tom, one of our RC's), and liverpool... aka another world! haha the spirit was so strong, and it was great to have a chance to see Sis Steele and Schwab again! I love my friends here in the EMM, theyre the BEST!!! heart! But Those meetings are crazy- like 400+ people go, and President Ulrich basically invites them all to be baptised- so great! haha
side note- in the EMM there are missionaries from 49 different countries! crazy! This gospel truly is for everyone everywhere. I love that our converts are also from all over the world. God is in this work.
Something (sorta?) funny- While finding on Tuesday, we were walking behind a man who was in a wheel chair, pushing himself. we asked if we could help him get somewhere, and when we got his approval, began pushing him down oxford road... the only problem was we had NO IDEA where he was going or needed to be. as I pushed i just kept thinking... where is this man supposed to be??? He couldn't really communicate, and I was so worried that he would get lost and ... yeah I was freaking out. but hey, service! He told us to stop pushing him about 2 blocks later, so i pray he is alright!  
anyways, I have learned a lot about faith this week. In my personal study, I was reading Elder Hales talk from October last year, called "meeting the challenges of today's world". In it, he states, "Remember, no one can reach upward on your behalf. Only your faith and prayers will cause you to lift yourself and have the mighty change of heart. Only your resolve to be obedient can change your life. Because of the Savior’s atoning sacrifice for you, the power is in you. You have your agency, you have strong testimonies if you are obedient, and you can follow the Spirit that guides you." I know that the power is inside of me. That faith and obedience are SO key. But it HAS to come from me. Myself. Nobody else can decide for me to be obedient. Nobody else can make me have faith. I am the only one who can pray for myself. As I make that choice, as our investigators decide to do these things, that is when the spirit will guide. That is when we see miracles. That is also when you will see miracles. I have seen the truth of this so many times already. As we recognize and remember the Savior, He can and will lift us.
I know that Heavenly Father is aware of me. He loves me and wants me to be diligent, to have faith that my prayers are heard and answered. Once again, the same goes for all of you. I love the gospel so much. I love my mission!! and I love all of you!!
I hope you all have a brill week!
Cheers,
Sister Carter
Inline image 1
Inline image 2
Inline image 4

No comments:

Post a Comment