Monday, May 2, 2016

Email #17: Ups and Downs

Well hello there my fam and friends!!

Man oh man, what a week! So many ups and downs, but mostly ups actually, let's be honest! Haha

Ok so I'll just lay it out day by day for ya.



Monday: excellent pday, we got to go to Chester, and got all of the things done we needed to! This hardly ever happens, and I was pretty excited to say the least!! We even had enough time to go buy chocolate and air fresheners so basically brill, all the way. We went tracting in the evening and woohoo was it great. This is why. So the first road was super prepared, we found several new investigators and some super sweet people. One of my favourite experiences on this road though was when we knocked on this door. The lady opens it, and exclaims, "Sister Carter!!" I recognised her face, but as we meet SO MANY people every day, I couldn't quite remember who she was. Turns out she was a lady who I'd had a long and very good conversation with on a bus back from Chester a few months back. Her son works for Goldman Saccs in India, and we'd talked about how Christian also works for them, how I desperately wanted to go to India, and how her son should move to salt lake... And get baptised, but that's a given;) her name is kris, and our conversation on the bus had such an impact on her that she'd told her son all about me on her trip to India, and he is considering
working out in salt lake! But she remembered my name!!! Ahhh so sweet :)) love her! Mkay so the next road though was tough. Door after door being slammed... Yeah. Literally nobody was listening to us. It got to he point where sis s was like... Why are we on this road. I told her that it was a trial of our faith. And it was. The very next door, which was also our last door of the night, Ruth opened up and excitedly accepted the Book of Mormon and became a new investigator!!And there was he witness #Ether 12:16

Tuesday: had an amazing lesson with a lady named Mars, she is so prepared. She knows her important role as a mother and is totally golden. But she is super pregnant, so she wants us to teach her in July... I May or may not be here then, but hey, she was uhhmazing.


Wednesday: we went down to chirk, this really cute little town south of Wrexham, and called by an investigator down there that we hadn't been able to see in a long time. It's quite far away. But she is amazing too!! She loved the first lesson, and said that if she gets her answer that his is true she will be baptised!!! Ahhhh miracles!! I love her though, her name is Jane, and I half thought she'd forgotten about me, but sure enough, she remembered! I guess you never know the impact you have.


Thursday: zone conference!!! Suuuuper good trainings, and man is President Ulrich inspired!! He talked about how important members are in this work, how we need to use the Book of Mormon more in our work. But what hit me the hardest was when he said, there are angels in this room. There are angels with me always. My ancestors walk with me, teach with me, protect and guide me in this work. I know it's true. There are some of my ancestors that I researched before coming out, reading their stories and coming closer to them there are so many times when I can feel the, right there beside me. Amazing. We had a powerful lesson where sister Steele was just teaching by the spirit to this less active young man. Wow! She is such a powerful missionary. She is basically training me.




Friday: I honestly can't remember what happened that day.... Sorry.

Saturday: really really tough. I was feeling quite down that I haven't been able to really see the results from the effort that I put in. I haven't seen any people baptised, and we had no progressing investigators. It is hard to have that when I have been working super hard, being obedient, and trying my very hardest. Basically it was a hard day. Didn't help that all of our plans fell through, including our tea (dinner) appointment. But I've realised that you just have those days.


Sunday: soooo obviously Saturday was a trial of my faith, cuz WOW!!!!!!!!! I'd Ben fasting and praying that I would see the fruits of my labours, that I'd be able to see people be baptised, have some progressing investigators. After an amazing fast Sunday, where I decided to bare my own about the happiness that the gospel brings, and the sweet nicholsons said hey could take us to the temple, we saw the miracles, the witnesses. So her name is Lisa, and she is the BEsT!!! We met her last Sunday tracting while calling by a referral that didn't live where the member said they did, so we tracted instead and found her. She'd read the introduction and the witnesses testimonies before we got there!!! And we had a powerful lesson, one in which I felt the spirit speak through me, words were out in my mouth. we invited her to be baptised, and she said yes! She even pulled out her diary (planner) to make sure that the 21st of May works!! And it does! Man, I just love her, what an answer to prayer! She is serious about it too, which excites me the most. She isn't just like, yeah sure I'll read the BoM, sure uhuh. Like when we asked if she would pray, she told us, let me practice this week and I promise I'll pray next time ;) haha but she was totally sincere. Miracle!!! Monday (today): we got to go to the temple!!!!!!! I love the nicholsons so much!! Another huge answer to prayer. I feel so blessed to be in a mission with a temple! And we had time to get groceries and type this essay;) haha yay!






I just know this church is true with all my heart. I know that the
Lord is so aware of me, and of all of his children, I am so amazed
that I can be so inspired in others behalf. I am so grateful to be a
part of this great work. I am so happy.

I love you all so very much and miss you all!
~Sister Carter








No comments:

Post a Comment