Monday, February 6, 2017

Changes in Chorley!

Fam,
I literally cannot believe it is February! How on earth is time going SO FAST!!?? Aw, but i have a really good feeling about this month, it is going to be uhh mazing. yes!
So basically, to update you, yes! Transfers happened! We were at the mission home for Sister Popa's final interview when we got our calls, and because of last minute changes, they didn't come in until about 7! i was... ready to get that call hahaha aw but yes, I am still here in Chorley, and I am so excited to be serving with sweet Sister Flake, she is so cute! I love her so much :) More on that in one minute. Just a side story on that evening though. So she had her interview and we had to get back to Altrincham to catch a tram back into manchester to catch our train into chorley. Basically it was going to be a crazy night as is, but then we missed our tram. Bless Sister Ulrich, she gave us a lift to the tram station, but we had to wait a few minutes for the next one. Got to piccadilly, and the train had come and gone, and the next one was over at victoria station... in an hour! -side note, sister Popa and I both LOVE manchester- So we were not too upset about having an hour to walk around the city until our next train ;) we got to bolton, and it was way late, but we called the ZL's to let them know we weren't going to be in on time. They asked where we were, and we told them we were just getting onto a rail replacement coach. like we were sitting on the bus while talking to them. they told us that they were going to call the ap's to get permission to bring a member and come get us, so waiting for them to call back , we were like..... ahhhh hurry upppp.... this bus is going to leave any SECOND!! dahhhh! haha and then, the doors close, and then next second, they call! I jump up and say "wait driver, can we get off?!!" haha he was so confused, bless him, and yeah, they were so kind to come get us, saved us a half hour of much needed rest. #blessed :)
It was hard to say bye to her, it all hit me as we were sat in the transfer meeting, of course they have the departing missionaries all bare their testimonies, and I was like... wait, i am not ready. so emotional! She is my sister, rip Shanae! aw. But I am so grateful for this time to be serving with Sister Flake :)
Intro to my new companion: Sister Flake is from Utahhhh!! and she is the oldest of 5, and she also goes to BYU, YESS!!! haha She is super sweet, and just what Chorley, and I, need right now. I love her so much already :) She has been out about 8 months, and has served that whole time in one area, so second area, adjustment, lets go!!
Yay ethan for graduating and getting your papers in! That's what I am TALKING about!! haha enjoy this time- it is so precious, and it goes SO FAST... no lies.
We have found a good few people to teach, and we are really excited- also we have some appointments with members this week that I haven't had any with previously, so I am really excited about all that this transfer will bring. We are already seeing miracles :) Life is good! So full of changes, and that's why it is so amazing.
I hope that you all have a wonderful week! 
Thank you for all of your love and support!
Love,
Sister Carter

ps I totally forgot my camera at home, bummer, but I will be sure to send a pic of us asap :)

No comments:

Post a Comment